Last Updated on 07/03/2021
I don’t know about you, but it has been a long time since I visited a beach. In fact, the last beach I went to was La Barceloneta beach in November 2019. So if you’re missing beaches as much as I am, here are 25 brilliant quotes about beaches to brighten your day!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Find out more here.
25 Brilliant Quotes About Beaches
What do you love about beaches? The sunshine, the stunning views, the party vibes? Many of us can’t resist a beach escape.
But sometimes our love of the beach is so much more than the tan lines and smell of sun cream. The beach is our place to relax, unwind and escape. These quotes about beaches perfectly capture exactly what it is that makes beaches so irresistible!
Quotes About Beaches And Why We Love Them
Get Instagram ready, because these quotes sum up what it is we love about beaches. So if you’re looking for caption inspiration, you’re in the right place!
1. At the beach, life is different. Time doesn’t move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun. – Sandy Gingras
2. On the beach, you can live in bliss. – Dennis Wilson
3. The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. – Jacques Yves Cousteau
4. I like anywhere with a beach. A beach and warm weather is all I really need. – Rob Gronkowski
5. If there’s heaven for me, I’m sure it has a beach attached to it. – Jimmy Buffett
6. Don’t grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach. – Michelle Held
7. A pool just isn’t the same as the ocean. It has no energy. No life. – Linda Gerber
8. Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away. – Sarah Kay
Quotes About Beaches And Escapism
The beach is the ideal retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. These quotes about beaches remind us why the coast is the perfect place for an escape.
9. To escape and sit quietly on the beach — that’s my idea of paradise. – Emilia Wickstead
10. After a visit to the beach, it’s hard to believe that we live in a material world. – Pam Shaw
11. I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought. – Helen Keller
12. Every time I stand before a beautiful beach, its waves seem to whisper to me: If you choose the simple things and find joy in nature’s simple treasures, life and living need not be so hard. – Psyche Roxas-Mendoza
13. To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude. – Jeanne Moreau
14. The calming movement of the sea along with the restless ocean breeze gently caresses me creating a soothing trance which lulls me to a place of peace. – M. L. Borges, By The Sea
Quotes About Beaches And Inspiration
It isn’t difficult to see why so many artists, writers, and musicians are inspired by the ocean. But if you need reminding, check out these quotes about beaches and inspiration.
15. The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul. – Robert Wyland
16. She loves the serene brutality of the ocean, loves the electric power she felt with each breath of wet, briny air. – Holly Black
17. I want to run the beach’s length because it never ends. – Deborah Ager
18. In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans. – Kahlil Gibran
19. To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me. – Isaac Newton
20. The ocean makes me feel really small and it makes me put my whole life into perspective. – Beyoncé
Quotes About Beaches And Self-Discovery
While we often think of a beach vacation as an escape from our lives, it is also the ideal place to find our true selves. Don’t believe me? Check out what these people have to say on the matter:
21. The waves of the sea help me get back to me. – Jill Davis
22. For her the ocean was more than a dream, it was a place she needed to visit to find herself. And when she returned to the city, you could see the sun in her eyes, the wind in her hair, and taste the infinite salt in her lips. – Jose Chavez
23. Every time I slip into the ocean, it’s like going home. – Sylvia Earle
24. I read and walked for miles at night along the beach, writing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life. It never crossed my mind that that person could be me. – Anna Quindlen
25. I look my best when I’m totally free, on holiday, walking on the beach. – Rosamund Pike
25 Brilliant Quots About Beaches
So these are my 25 favourite quotes about beaches. I hope they have satisfied your beach cravings while we’re unable to travel!
Are you looking for more inspiring quotes? Check out these other great posts on travel quotes:
Before You Go
Are you craving a beach vacation? If you are, I’d love to know I’m not alone! Let’s connect on Instagram and send me a DM with which beach vacation you’re booking a ticket to asap!
Until our next adventure,